LDRS 24 Bowling Ball Loft
If you are planning on competing in this event
For LDRS 24 the Bowling Ball Loft class will be I-Lite, Parachute Duration.
Rockets will be launched for maximum time aloft of the eight pound bowling ball.
1 ARTS flight computer (retail $179.99)
1 38-740 reloadable rocket motor (retail $69.99)
Kits Parts and Other Stuff
D G & A Texas Pride Kit
2 yd - 4" Fiberglass Sleeve
2 yd - 4" Carbon Fiber Sleeve
3 yd - 6" Fiberglass Sleeve
Medium HPR Launch Pad
I Lite Rules
- Payload is one 8 lb bowling ball
- Motor will be a single I motor from the approved motor list.
- No clusters, no multiple stage.
- Maximum launch weight is 15 lbs.
- Parachutes must be sized to give a decent speed of no more than 21 feet per second at field conditions. BIGGER the better here, but this is a safety minimum.
- Rockets must use a tower, tube, rail or other system approved by AHPRA, no launches from rods.
- Airframe may come down a separate parachute, time is for the ball.
Must meet all the general rules,
- Tripoli Safety code will be enforced.
- 5 to 1 minimum thrust to weight. Unless higher is stated elsewhere.
- Parachute must be sized so no part descends faster than 21 f/s.
- A standard bowling ball is to be used, approx. 8 1/2" dia.
- The ball may not be cut up or modified other than drilled for retention.
- Rockets must pass RSO and conform to all site rules.
- This is intended to be a fun event, anyone may be declared permanently disqualified by AHPRA for violating this.
- Ball must be drilled to retain it. Ball must be attached with some kind of safety line to the parachute even if it is retained in airframe.
- Rockets will be launched from towers or rails. Launching with rods is prohibited.
Complete rules for all AHPRA Bowling Ball Loft competitions.
BOWLING BALL DESIGN SUGGESTIONS
The launching will be from the away cell area. The flyer will be required to bring any and all in the way of towers, rails etc, that is not the norm at a launch. Do not expect to have a tower there to use unless you have made arrangements. In 2003 several flyers planned to use a single tower and it was damaged.
Launches Meetings BALLS Bowling Ball Loft
XRAA Pictures Contact AHPRA Links Join AHPRA